A WILDERNESS OF GRANITE
An African inspired refuge, where world class facilities effortlessly harmonize with the cultural and spiritual energy, allure and unique beauty for which the Matobo Hills is renowned and celebrated.
This exclusive, privately owned safari lodge is located in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Matobo Hills, the oldest National Park in Zimbabwe, tucked away into an ancient Bushman’s shelter. The granite domes and castle kopjes echo the essence of tranquillity and majesty of untamed Africa, where wildlife and birdlife species thrive in prolific numbers. Famous for its healthy population of endangered rhino, the area is one of the most sought after destinations within Zimbabwe.
Masseuse & Assistant Manager
- The Mother Africa Trust attempts to put local children back at school while supplying families with monthly supplementary foods, with the aim of introducing sustainable projects in that area to allow the locals to help themselves.
- Mother Africa Trust helps the Ethandweni Home for Orphans to take care of 35 children who were abandoned or who lost their families due to Aids.
- Mother Africa Trust supports local children living with disabilities.
- It is said that educating the girl child is educating the nation. Mother Africa Trust looks to empower local girls with schooling and provide them with supplementary food.
- Mother Africa Trust is currently fundraising towards the building of a much needed clinic in Ward 17 of Matobo district.
- The Mother Africa Trust made an immense contribution towards the Matobo Rhino Fence project and continues to support this project.
There are few places, where you can lie beneath a canopy of rocks that emanate an energy which is almost tangible. A mystical spirituality about the Matobo Hills calms, refreshes and rejuvenates the soul. Allow us to enhance this feeling of well-being at Amalinda Lodge’s Safari Spa.
Drift away on crisp linen, whilst the scents of Ancient African aromas swirl under the canopy of thatch and rock. Drops of aromatherapy oils are added to generous amounts of carrot and nut oil for that exclusive and private massage by our expert in-house masseuse.
Spoil yourself with a full Body Massage, Back and neck Massage, Hot Rock Massage, Manicure or Pedicure.
EXPLORE OUR LIST OF ACTIVITIES
Explore the hills where mysterious nomads once held their sacred ceremonies, learn about their trials and tribulations, hopes and aspirations. The rocky granite topography boasts more than 2000 sites of the San (Bushman) tribes and is probably the richest source of San rock art known. Drive through the granite hills in the footsteps of Cecil John Rhodes. Visit his world famous tomb known as “View of the World”, a historical experience not to be forgotten.ENQUIRE NOW
A well-plotted and carefully planned cycle route through the villages and rural homes in the Matopos is a once in a lifetime experience, an opportunity to touch the very essence of rural life and feel the warm heart and soul of Zimbabwe. Matopos is home to the some of the most incredible rural homesteads and their proud residents are excited to share their warm hospitality and their home fires with you.ENQUIRE NOW
VIEW OUR ACCOMMODATION SELECTION
Amalinda Private Villa
YOUR PRIVATE WILDERNESS OF GRANITE
Two thousand years ago, the Bushmen called Matopos their home. Now you can too. For 26 years, the Stead Family have shared their beautiful family home in quiet harmony with furry and feathered residents of Matopos. Allow the Steads to share their idyllic lifestyle with you and your family. This is your private wilderness of granite, a wonderful opportunity to disconnect from reality and reconnect with family and nature. The Amalinda Private Villa is situated on the Amalinda Lodge Concession, a mere 45 kilometres from Bulawayo. Spacious and comfortably furnished, The Amalinda Private Villa is completely equipped for your family’s every need, offering the ultimate luxury safari experience, providing private and intimate lodgings.
- Featuring a Master bedroom with en suite and private deck
- 2 additional bedrooms with outside decks and sliding doors
- Separate bathroom, shower and toilet
- An open plan dining room and sunken lounge, beautifully lit with glass chandeliers and encompassed with an outside wooden deck
- Access to and full use of Amalinda pool
- Option of Dinner at the main lodge
- Guided walks, activities and game drives with private guide