LAND OF TEAK & TUSKS
Ivory Lodge, located in the forestry area on the outskirts of Hwange National Park, offers family-friendly safari experiences and is famous for its exhilarating up-close sightings of the Presidential Elephant Herd.
The Lodge comprises of a Main Thatched dining and lounge area overlooking a guest swimming pool and overlooking a watering hole which is frequented by elephants, predators and a number of plains game species. The rooms themselves are elegantly built on stilted wooden platforms offering elevated views of the open floodplain and watering hole in front of camp.
Washington aka D.C.
- The Mother Africa anti-poaching unit patrols the 6000 acre Ivory concession.
- Building predator proof bomas/kraals for the villagers to keep cattle safe from predators at night.
- The Mother Africa Trust aids Infrastructure Development at the nearby Mabale Primary School.
- Mother Africa Trust supports senior citizens living at Dete Old Age Home.
- The Mother Africa Trust sources resources for nearby schools and cultivates a friendly learning environment for students.
EXPLORE OUR LIST OF ACTIVITIES
Guided Game Walks
Walking Safaris include approaching big herds and cats, an exciting chance to get up close and personal with the small and large creatures of the park.ENQUIRE NOW
Dete Cultural Tour
Through our Mother Africa Trust and sponsorship of the Dete Old Age Home, we organise visits to a rural school and clinic in the nearby Dete Village, for those interested in the cultural aspect of this area.ENQUIRE NOW
Relax in a secluded hide with full day waiter service and let the animals come to you, fully immersing yourself in the wonder and splendour of the African bushveld.ENQUIRE NOW
Guided Game Drives
Early morning game drives set out at the crack of dawn with our licensed guides, both into the National Park and on our own 6000 acre concession. Mornings are usually productive, with plenty of hyena and wilddog as well as the other plains game. Afternoon and evening drives in the same areas leave at 3pm and return with spotting torch by night. Animals and birds seen in the afternoons are prolific with sometimes close encounters with the majestic Presidential Elephant Herd.ENQUIRE NOW