KHULU BUSH CAMP
A WILD LIFE-EXPERIENCE
Welcome to Khulu Bush Camp, Hwange National Park’s quintessential luxury safari lodge. Inspired by the breathtaking splendor of its natural surrounds, Khulu Bush Camp reflects Africa’s timeless wonder and natural beauty, providing you with the ultimate and utterly unforgettable safari experience.
Khulu Bush Camp is the smaller, more intimate sister lodge to its neighbouring Ivory Lodge. The excellent accessibility does not take away from its unparalleled feeling of seclusion and remoteness in the true African wilderness. Khulu Bush Camp is a tribute to Cedric Wilde, one of the Directors of the Amalinda Safari Collection, who it is named after. Khulu is the community and staff’s affectionate name for Cedric and it means ‘grandfather’. If you are lucky enough to be in camp with Khulu himself your evenings will be spent around the fire, talking of days gone by and strumming to old country tunes.
The beauty of this camp is that it combines luxurious and private accommodation with old world hospitality. Khulu overlooks an ancient riverbed, in today’s terms called a ‘vlei’, known to attract a variety of the greatest wildlife and bird life in Hwange National Park, right on your doorstep.
- The Mother Africa anti-poaching unit patrols the 6000 acre Ivory concession.
- Building predator proof bomas/kraals for the villagers to keep cattle safe from predators at night.
- The Mother Africa Trust aids Infrastructure Development at the nearby Mabale Primary School.
- Mother Africa Trust supports senior citizens living at Dete Old Age Home.
- The Mother Africa Trust sources resources for nearby schools and cultivates a friendly learning environment for students.
EXPLORE OUR LIST OF ACTIVITIES
Guided Game Drives
Early morning game drives set out at the crack of dawn with our licensed guides, both into the National Park and on our own 6000 acre concession. Mornings are usually productive, with plenty of hyena and wilddog as well as the other plains game. Afternoon and evening drives in the same areas leave at 3pm and return with spotting torch by night. Animals and birds seen in the afternoons are prolific with sometimes close encounters with the majestic Presidential Elephant Herd.ENQUIRE NOW
VIEW OUR ACCOMMODATION SELECTION
A NEW PARADISE AWAITS YOU
Lying close to the main Khulu Bush Camp, Khulu’s Retreat is a gorgeous new lodge the Stead family has created just for you. Featuring 2 large main suites, the Khulu’s Retreat creates the perfect “one with nature” atmosphere through tall glass pane windows with the best views from the comfort of your bed.
En-suite bathrooms with beautiful white marble tops and an open-plan dining, kitchen and lounge area create a tranquil flow throughout the lodge. Through the open-plan, follow the flow towards the spacious teak deck and all the way down to the fire pit which opens up to one of the ancient Hwange Vlei’s.
Enjoy a peaceful and memorable stay, assured through friendly companions; a private chef and private guide with a private game drive vehicle, allowing a unique experience in one of the most beautiful locations in Africa.
- 2 main suites with King Size Beds
- Mosquito nets covering the entire bed
- En Suite Bathrooms with beautiful white marble tops
- Open-plan dining, kitchen and lounge overlooking the spacious teak deck
- Fire pit, which opens up to one of the ancient Hwange Vlei’s
- Draw down blinds and tall glass panes, ensuring the best views from the comfort of your bed
- Fully equipped kitchen & private chef
- Private guide & private game drive vehicle