SABLE VALLEY LODGE
Welcome to Sable Valley, known for its sprawling grassy plains and abundance of wildlife diversity. The Dete Vlei, home to Sable Valley, provides scenic landscapes of exceptional and rare beauty, sustaining an ecosystem of remarkable habitat and species, all whilst maintains its ecological resilience and amazing natural phenomena.
The Vlei is home to robust populations of some of the world most endangered large mammals such as Cheetah, Wild Dog & Leopard. The natural habitats of the nominated area are diverse, with 1070 plant species which include about 255 trees and shrubs and over 202 grasses, 470 species of bird and 100 specials of mammal.
The Dete Vlei plays a pivotal role of the conservation of wildlife. This pristine concession is co-managed and protected by Forestry Commission and The Amalinda Safari Collection’s Mother Africa Trust anti poaching unit.
- The Mother Africa Trust attempts to put local children back at school while supplying families with monthly supplementary foods, with the aim of introducing sustainable projects in that area to allow the locals to help themselves.
- Mother Africa Trust helps the Ethandweni Home for Orphans to take care of 35 children who were abandoned or who lost their families due to Aids.
- Mother Africa Trust supports local children living with disabilities.
- It is said that educating the girl child is educating the nation. Mother Africa Trust looks to empower local girls with schooling and provide them with supplementary food.
- Mother Africa Trust is currently fundraising towards the building of a much needed clinic in Ward 17 of Matobo district.
- The Mother Africa Trust made an immense contribution towards the Matobo Rhino Fence project and continues to support this project.
There are few places, where you can lie beneath a canopy of rocks that emanate an energy which is almost tangible. A mystical spirituality about the Dete Vlei calms, refreshes and rejuvenates the soul. Allow us to enhance this feeling of well-being at Sable Valley’s Safari Spa.
Drift away on crisp linen, whilst the scents of Ancient African aromas swirl under the canopy of thatch and rock. Drops of aromatherapy oils are added to generous amounts of carrot and nut oil for that exclusive and private massage by our expert in-house masseuse.
Spoil yourself with a full Body Massage, Back and neck Massage, Hot Rock Massage, Manicure or Pedicure.
EXPLORE OUR LIST OF ACTIVITIES
VIEW OUR ACCOMMODATION SELECTION
Nature... At It's Purest!
Sable Valley has 11 rooms.
- Room 1 – Queens Room ( only room with bath tub ) – King
- Room 2 – Kings Room – King
- Room 3 – Twin
- Room 4 – Queen
- Room 5 – Twin
- Room 6 – Queen
- Room 7 – Twin
- Room 8 – x2 Queens _ Family Room
- Room 9 – Twin
- Room 10 – Queen
- Room 11 – King
The rooms are built back into the teak forest and are all pool facing. The pool is surrounded by day bed kiosks/salas. Not far from the pool area is a relaxing space for families to make pizzas in our pizza oven after taking a dip.