A WILDERNESS OF GRANITE
Masseuse & Assistant Manager
- The Mother Africa Trust attempts to put local children back at school while supplying families with monthly supplementary foods, with the aim of introducing sustainable projects in that area to allow the locals to help themselves.
- Mother Africa Trust helps the Ethandweni Home for Orphans to take care of 35 children who were abandoned or who lost their families due to Aids.
- Mother Africa Trust supports local children living with disabilities.
- It is said that educating the girl child is educating the nation. Mother Africa Trust looks to empower local girls with schooling and provide them with supplementary food.
- Mother Africa Trust is currently fundraising towards the building of a much needed clinic in Ward 17 of Matobo district.
- The Mother Africa Trust made an immense contribution towards the Matobo Rhino Fence project and continues to support this project.
There are few places, where you can lie beneath a canopy of rocks that emanate an energy which is almost tangible. A mystical spirituality about the Matobo Hills calms, refreshes and rejuvenates the soul. Allow us to enhance this feeling of well-being at Amalinda Lodge’s Safari Spa.
Drift away on crisp linen, whilst the scents of Ancient African aromas swirl under the canopy of thatch and rock. Drops of aromatherapy oils are added to generous amounts of carrot and nut oil for that exclusive and private massage by our expert in-house masseuse.
Spoil yourself with a full Body Massage, Back and neck Massage, Hot Rock Massage, Manicure or Pedicure.
EXPLORE OUR LIST OF ACTIVITIES
Explore the hills where mysterious nomads once held their sacred ceremonies, learn about their trials and tribulations, hopes and aspirations. The rocky granite topography boasts more than 2000 sites of the San (Bushman) tribes and is probably the richest source of San rock art known. Drive through the granite hills in the footsteps of Cecil John Rhodes. Visit his world famous tomb known as “View of the World”, a historical experience not to be forgotten.ENQUIRE NOW
My Beautiful Home – Bicycle ride
A well-plotted and carefully planned cycle route through the villages and rural homes in the Matopos is a once in a lifetime experience, an opportunity to touch the very essence of rural life and feel the warm heart and soul of Zimbabwe. Matopos is home to the some of the most incredible rural homesteads and their proud residents are excited to share their warm hospitality and their home fires with you.ENQUIRE NOW
Cultural & Village Tours
Take a tour to an African homestead and get down to earth with the local Matabele people. Enjoy their gracious hospitality as they show you around their “pole and dagga” huts. Use this opportunity to get an insight into the way of life for the local people and to experience their culture. We offer a chance to visit a clinic, traditional healer and local primary school where one begins to understand no matter what adversity children face, one of their basic wants is to learn. Many projects at the school, clinic and orphanage have been completed, and some are ongoing, through our social responsibility program, The Mother Africa Trust.ENQUIRE NOW
Walks/Hikes around Amalinda Lodge
Walks/Hikes around Amalinda Lodge Walking on our property is entirely safe – you could bump into warthog, zebra, klipspringer, kudu, impala, wildebeest, reedbuck, duiker, steenbok, hyrax and a vast variety of bird life. Watch out for the elusive leopard, although he’ll see you first….ENQUIRE NOW
Visit the world famous tomb of Cecil John Rhodes
Drive through the granite hills in the footsteps of Cecil John Rhodes. Visit his world famous tomb known as “View of the World”, it’s an historical experience not to be forgotten. Leander Starr Jameson is also buried here and together with the spirits of of soldiers killed in battle by Matabele warriors, they gather around at sunset, there is a definite spiritual presence . This “dwala” is known as “the dwelling place of spirits” or rather “Amalindidzimu”, the view will leave you breathless…….ENQUIRE NOW
The National Railway Museum in Bulawayo is one of the largest museums of its kind in Africa. One of nearly every locomotive, waggon and carriage ever used by the National Railways of Rhodesia and Zimbabwe is on display. Several other objects relating to the history of Zimbabwe’s railways are on display ranging from models and original tickets to place settings from Royal Trains and Cecil Rhodes’ personal carriage. Visitors are encouraged to climb inside the engines and imagine the heady days of steam travel in an excellent museum.ENQUIRE NOW
VIEW OUR ACCOMMODATION SELECTION
YOUR PRIVATE WILDERNESS OF GRANITE
Two thousand years ago, the Bushmen called Matopos their home. Now you can too. For 26 years, the Stead Family have shared their beautiful family home in quiet harmony with furry and feathered residents of Matopos. Allow the Steads to share their idyllic lifestyle with you and your family. This is your private wilderness of granite, a wonderful opportunity to disconnect from reality and reconnect with family and nature. The Amalinda Private Villa is situated on the Amalinda Lodge Concession, a mere 45 kilometres from Bulawayo. Spacious and comfortably furnished, The Amalinda Private Villa is completely equipped for your family’s every need, offering the ultimate luxury safari experience, providing private and intimate lodgings.
- Featuring a Master bedroom with en suite and private deck
- 2 additional bedrooms with outside decks and sliding doors
- Separate bathroom, shower and toilet
- An open plan dining room and sunken lounge, beautifully lit with glass chandeliers and encompassed with an outside wooden deck
- Access to and full use of Amalinda pool
- Option of Dinner at the main lodge
- Guided walks, activities and game drives with private guide